Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Post

This is new to me, it's fun, exciting and my "toe in the water" to begin my adventures into the world of writing. Now to begin........

I was born in Los Angeles on a hot spring day right after WW II. My parents were poor, (now we politically correctly say "low income.") My mother, at twenty-two, married daddy who was twenty years her senior. He was not the perfect husband in the earning-a-living-wage department, but a kind and gentle soul none the less. I was crazy about him and had no idea that we were poor.

 Mom hated L.A. and secured train tickets from her family in Wisconsin, took a stand and made it known that we would be moving to the mid west and that was just the way it was going to be. I was only a few weeks old and haven't been back since. I often thought it would be fun to move to California some day and announce to a group of people, (who undoubtedly consisted of transplants from other cities,)  "I am a native Californian," while watching their faces turn green with envy.

I spent the early part of my life in Illinois, moved to Minneapolis Minnesota at age fifteen and then to rural Brainerd in 2003, where I live now with my husband "The Ganz" and an adult grandson, "L". I have one sibling, my sister Jo whom has not trusted me since we were children mainly because I accidently knocked her out cold with a swinging iron gate. (Please don't judge, she was chasing me.)

There's so much more, and like everyone, a story filled with life's ups and downs. We have had many more blessings than down times and that's what we focus on theses days. As my friend Ram Dass has taught me, "Be here now." (Ram and I have never met, but I consider him a friend, that's just the way it is.)






1 comment:

  1. Awesome start, Elizabeth. I can't wait to read more of your story. Enjoy the journey. And, welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete